Re: Is there a way to limit number of active connections?

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Howard Chu wrote:
Is there some way to configure maximum number of active connections to OpenLDAP server?

I suppose you could always use ulimit to limit the number of open files for the process.

I would strongly recommend against doing that for anything but a completely static, read-only server if using the bdb or hdb backends: if the BDB library tries to open a transaction log file but it fails for practically any reason, it will 'panic' the database, forcing a restart and recovery.

Philip Guenther