Re: account locking strategy

Guillaume Rousse skrev, on 04-12-2007 10:27:

I have to handle account locking on our directory, so as to keep accounts from people not working here anymore. On Buchan's suggestion, I used ppolicy sofar, with pwdAccountLockedTime attribute set to 000001010000Z to lock unused account. This is really handy to handle unix account and web applications account at once. However, they are also some drawbacks:

Dunno, this is probably all too child-like, but my site has an attribute 'acountStatus' from qmail.schema. This is because my master provider is also an MTA.

If it isn't set to "active", whoever it is on the MTA can't do nothing no more.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl