Re: Syncrepl, dumb question

Dieter Kluenter skrev, on 24-11-2007 16:56:

[...]

There is nothing to configure, just use a proper client application

Not so. There is chaining in 2.3.30 (which OP is using) and it will do a certain amount that OP wants. However, it's brain-dead as far as ppolicy is concerned, I just spent a Saturday morning and part of an afternoon on production servers finding out why.

>  or read man slapo-chain(5)

Advising OP to just to "use a proper client application or read man slapo-chain(5)" may work for many things, but not for ppolicy. I have my own solution for that, but it is OT. And absolutely not optimal, for a couple of reasons.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw