Re: Filter - greater or equal - ORDERING

"Andreas Schoe" <andi@gfz-potsdam.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use following filter: "uid>=branch" (greater or equal).
>
> Log entry: filter="(?=undefined)".
>
> I searched the web and found out that I have to add an ORDERING rule to the
> attribute type definition of 'uid'.

Never modify a standard track schema unless the corresponding rfc has
been modified.

> Is that right?

the  attribute type uid has syntax directory string, ORDERING requires
a numeric string syntax.

> Where can I add this rule, in core.schema the type definition of 'uid' is a
> comment. I uncomment it but slapd says the attribute is declared twice. I
> can´t find any other entries. In cosine.schema the entry is a comment too.

the attribute type uid is hard coded in schema_prep.c

[...]

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung