Re: syncrepl LDIF kickstart file

<quote who="Greg Martin">

> Gavin Henry wrote:
>>>

>> Can you slapcat your config back out and show us everything?
>>
>> slapdcat -n 0 > config.ldif
>>
>> /usr/sbin/slapd not /usr/local/libexec/slapd ?
>>

> Gavin, this is slightly of-topic.  I'm curious as to your statement above.
> my Slackware package installs slapd to /usr/libexec/slapd.  There is no
> other version.  Your statement seems to imply there could be two
> versions.  Can you help me understand why?

Default configure; make depend; make and make install installs slapd into
/usr/local/libexec

Distros put the binaries where they see fit.

> And while I'm at it, can someone explain how slapd knows to act
> differently when called from one link, say, slapcat, over another, say
> slapdn.  I've been using linux for 5-6 years and have not run across
> this particular behavior.  Does slapd read argv(0) and act differently
> based on that?

symlinks

Test:

[ghenry@suretec ~]$ cat test.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

print $0, "\n";

[ghenry@suretec ~]$ ./test.pl
./test.pl
[ghenry@suretec ~]$ ln -s test.pl slapcat
[ghenry@suretec ~]$ ./slapcat
./slapcat

[ghenry@suretec ~]$ ls -l /usr/local/sbin/slapcat
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2007-10-31 19:47 /usr/local/sbin/slapcat ->
../libexec/slapd