Re: syncrepl LDIF kickstart file

On Monday 19 November 2007 20:38:45 Scott Classen wrote:
> Hello openldap community,
>
> I have openldap 2.4.6 running on 2 machines.
>
> one master server with a BDB database acting as the  syncrepl provider (the
> syncrep[l overlay has been added to the database configuration directive).
>
> I now have set up a second machine also running openldap 2.4.6 and I've
> been playing around with it trying to get it to act as a syncrepl consumer.
>
> I remember reading somewhere in the openldap documentation that it should
> be fairly straight forward with a simple 10-12 line LDIF file to get the
> synrepl consumer synched up with the provider.

Uh, if you are using a configuration file (and not back-config, and implying
that you want to bootstrap the configuration via sync-repl too), then
assuming that your configuration is correct, starting the consumer should
result in it doing an initial sync.

Maybe you could provide more details on your configuration if you don't come
right.

Regards,
Buchan