Re: [back-sql] possible?

Dear all,

I just did terribly posted; I didn't put openldap version... i want to
slap myself..forgive me.

I'm running 2.3.38 stable branch. running on Centos 5 x86. Openldap
was compile from
source, and definitely with --enable-sql.

> What version of OpenLDAP are you using?  AFAIK, only OpenLDAP 2.4 honors
> binary values.

I run 2 identical openldap 2.3.38 servers on different vmware instance.

The first machine uses bdb. I could insert the jpeg photo via gui of
ldap browser.
I dump data under that namespace. I saw base64 data of that jpegPhoto. Thus,
does this imply that 2.3.38 honors binary data. correct me if I'm wrong.

On the second machine, it is the clone of the first machine. except slapd.conf
point the same namespace to back-sql. I successfully use text data
such homephone, carlicense
slapd can pull data from those tables in mysql as long as it is text.
But come into jpegPhoto, mysql stores blob of jpegPhoto. seem like
slapd can pull it out, but
the same ldap browser (from apache project) said invalid image.
I dump the ldif from the second machine.
The base64 of the same jpegPhoto is totally different.

please suggest,
Patrick