Re: Root Passwd and Credentials

Aaron Richton wrote:
I don't think you gain any special advantages by encrypting (or not) in a
slapd.conf context versus any other encryption application. Like most
password encryption, it largely boils down to speed bumps in the face of a
preexisting access vector.

I think the more direct answer is "this is why the docs tell you to use a different identity and password for the replication account."