Re: enabling uid and userPassword attributes

--On Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:27 PM -0800 Jeremiah Lopez <jeremiah.lopez@gmail.com> wrote:

I am planning on utilizing OpenLdap as a repository for users and
authentication credentials.  I have installed the software and edited
the slapd.conf specific to my domain.  In slapd.conf, I noticed that
it includes core.schema, so I took a look inside this file to see what
fields (attributes) are specified.  The 'uid' and 'userPassword'
attributes are commented out and since it is recommended not to edit
this file, I was wondering how I go about enabling these attributes?
I have already tried creating another schema file and including that
in my slapd.conf, but when I attempted to run, it stated that those
attributes already exist.

They are commented out, because they are *hard coded* into slapd. If you look at the source, look at the schema_init.c file.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer