problem importing cn=config

I loaded up 2.4.6 for my small home network use. It and the apps (phpldapadmin, tikiwiki, Webcalendar) that use it are running fine. Sweet!

Now I want to convert to cn=config.  I ran:

   slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d
to build the config, then ran:

   slapadd -d -1 -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d -n 0 -l cn=config.ldif
to import it

I get this error:
: config_add_internal: DN="cn=config" already exists
slapadd: could not add entry dn="cn=config" (line=1):
slapadd shutdown: initiated

I tried -c to ignore errors, but this must be serious.

Not much when I ask Google, but I saw a post from Howard months back that suggested there was a bug surrounding this process and that it was fixed in the 2.3.x HEAD.

Other than that - no other help.

Is there a way to force overwrite?

Anyone?  Thanks

\\Greg