Re: index doesn't work

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:37 PM +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:

My question is: The 4 minute search time is not reasonable (Excel can do
much faster with same number of records), and not acceptable for our use
(because checking modification history is daily routine). How can I
improve it? What other information I didn't provider to have asked this
question properly? What else (besides admin manual which only described
indexing a few pages) should I read?

Sounds like your index may be corrupt, or you haven't properly tuned the DB_CONFIG file for the accesslog DB. Alternately, when you ran slapindex, you failed to specify which database to index. See the -b and -n options to slapindex.

Thank you for the help (again). I can only be sure I have properly run slapindex with '-b' but I did not tune DB_CONFIG. Will do it asap after I read documents on how to do that. Thanks!

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer