Re: LDAP provisioning error.

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 16:49:29 Sanjay Vivek wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I don't think the errors have anything to with the LDAP search filter
> because it works perfectly fine with a similar installation with another
> LDAP server. The only difference between both installions is the LDAP
> server. So something about my openLDAP configuration is messing up the
> LDAP provisioning.

But thus far you haven't provided anything that anyone can use to try and find
out what is wrong with your configuration. Please try and include logs
relating to all the operations on a connection, where an ADD, MOD, or DEL
operation is done on the connection. A connection with one bind and one
search, is almost useless (unless you can show the data in the directory that
should be found by that search).

> I did a "ps -fade | grep slapd"
>
> [root@pen openldap]# ps -fade | grep slapd
> ldap     29465     1  0 11:51 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/slapd -h
> ldap:/// -u ldap
> root     29616 28950  0 13:53 pts/0    00:00:00 grep slapd
>
> So this means that only one instance of slapd is running.

BUT YOU ARE NOW ABOUT TO TRY TO START A SECOND ONE!!!!!

> So why do I
> get a "daemon: bind(7) failed errno=98 (Address already in use)" error
> when I run
> "slapd -d acl" as shown below:
>
> [root@pen openldap]# slapd -d acl

But, this is starting slapd. By default, it will try and bind to port 389 on
all IPs. So, you should stop this one, if you *really* want to start a slapd
as above. Instead, maybe you should add:

loglevel acl

and restart the ldap service ('service ldap restart'), and then (if your
syslog is configured to log for slapd) you should end up with acl-related
entries in your log files.

Regards,
Buchan