Re: [Unofficial] OpenLDAP Weekly Newsletter Issue 2

--On Sunday, November 04, 2007 8:52 PM +0000 Gavin Henry <ghenry@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

- OpenLDAP 2.4.6 Released - The first stable release in the 2.4 branch

I'm not usually pedantic about these types of things, but I'd like to note. OpenLDAP 2.4.6 is the first official release of OpenLDAP 2.4. It is *not* marked stable (not to say that it isn't stable for running). OpenLDAP 2.3.38 is, and remains, the current "stable release" of OpenLDAP. Please stop using stable to refer to 2.4.6. The Symas connexitor blog did this recently too in an entry since dropped for revision, so I hope that bit stays revised out. I think it needs to remain very clear what the project (and you are an official member and voice of that project) proclaims as the stable release.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer