Re: Fwd: setting up admin password on openldap

> The ldiff I have genrated using slapcat on my new server in order to keep it
> as backup has the hashed entry of password in the entry of the
> administrator. ldap browser has the plain text password in the uid of the
> administrator.

If You use slapcat-based ldif, you should probably remove lines
of various system attributes from ldif file, especially like these:

> structuralObjectClass: .....
> creatorsName: cn=nsadmin
> createTimestamp: 19980218204619Z
> modifiersName: uid=nsadmin,o=trac
> modifyTimestamp: 19980722182149Z
> entryUUID: 8179b9a2-74d7-102a-9988-90f8caf384a9
> entryCSN: 20060511011623Z#000003#00#000000

These attributes are read-only, and automatically added by server,
they can appear in slapcat-result file to be loaded with slapadd command,
with the all objects tree, but you cannot add object with ldapadd,
with ldif containing these attributes (I don't remember whether
ldapadd simply ignores it, or returns ldap error).
Regards,
Piotr