Re: reducing information duplication

Pierangelo Masarati a écrit :
> Your solution to the problem consists in sitting by the river until
> anyone makes it compile straightforwardly and writes a man page.
No, my solution consisted to evaluate different strategies, taking into
account their initial cost for testing, and their subsequent cost for
deploying in productions.

You're basically assuming reading C source code, RFC documents, and
producing tuned binaries has a negligeable cost. That's not my case, and
I'm heavily time short there.

>  I'd
> rather:
>
> 1) compile it myself and see if it really fits my needs
>
> 2) open an ITS to describe how useful it was and how well it worked, and
> to request its addition to officially released overlays, possibly
> providing the required patch myself.
Granted, I could have done it. I prefered to spend some time testing
alternative solution (see my questions about repo-dyngroup), that didn't
involved recompilation, and finally implemented it outside ldap (we
already have external content synchronisation from outside sources).

I'll try to give a look at this extension later, tough.
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs