setting up admin password on openldap

Hi,

Can any one please give me a pointer on how to setup an admin password on ldap. my sladp.config file does not hold any password and the line is hashed. It gives an error about something needing to be in suffix. I am not sure what it is, but it is working fine on the production system from which I am trying to migrate.

I have successfully installed openldap on my linux system and it never asked me for any password in the installation. Also I have imported the ldiff from the production system. It has an entry of admin but has no password, while on production system somehow the password is set.

Any pointers will be appreciated

Thanks
Naufal