Re: Replication Problem

Buchan Milne schrieb:
> On Thursday 25 October 2007 21:51:12 Marcus Frischherz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I set up in the master:
>
> If this was *exactly* what was in your slapd.conf, it is broken. White space
> is very important in slapd.conf, there should be leading white space before
> the first characters on your line starting with bindmethod (as it is part of
> the replica statement, which should be on one line, and lines may be
> continued by using leading white space on the next line to aid readability).
>
>> replogfile /var/lib/ldap/slurpd/slurpd.replog
>> replica host=frifri_vpn:389 binddn="uid=rmanager,ou=intern,o=rori"
>> bindmethod=simple credentials=xxx

That newline was created by Thunderbird, in reality the replogfile
statement is one line, and the replica statement is one line, without
continuation

>> updatedn="uid=rmanager,ou=intern,o=rori" updateref rori_vpn:389
>
> And here, the updatedn should be the first text on a new line (no leading
> white space), and the same thing for updateref. If you really have updatedn
> and updateref on the same line, this would explain your problem below.

Well, that's what I thought, and what my LDAP book says. However, if I
put the
updateref statement on a separate subsequent line, I get the following
error
upon start-up of slapd:
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 103: <updateref> must appear after
syncrepl or updatedn

This after I changed the slave to look like this:
updatedn="uid=rmanager,ou=intern,o=rori"
updateref rori_vpn:389

> The slave will only accept operational attributes from the updatedn.
> Additionally, it won't accept any changes from anything but the updatedn, if
> the updateref is set. So, it seems like slapd on the slave is not parsing
> either of your updatedn or updateref statements.
>
> If you don't succeed in fixing the issue, please attach sanitised versions of
> your configuration files, so we can be sure we are looking at *exactly* what
> you have in slapd.conf.

How to samitize? tarred attachments?
> I note that slurpd-based replication is deprecated in 2.3, and slurpd has been
> removed from 2.4.

Well, the administrator's guide, chapter 14, in the file
replication.html distributed with the package openldap2 does not mention
deprecation.

regards,
Marcus