From: Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com>
To: Daniel Pérez del Campo <dpercam@hotmail.com>
CC: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: ACL to bind groups from a IP
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:03:48 +0100

Daniel Pérez del Campo wrote:
Hi!
First of all, sorry for my english.
I will try to be clear.
I have a LDAP server running perfectly. I have this in it:

ou=users,dc=tel,dc=uva,dc=es
ou=groups,dc=tel,dc=uva,dc=es
             cn=alumnos,ou=groups,dc=tel,dc=uva,dc=es
                       objectClass: posixGroup
                       gidnumber: 10

             cn=profesores,ou=groups,dc=tel,dc=uva,dc=es
                       objectClass: posixGroup
                       gidnumber: 11

Now, I would like to autheticate users who belong to "profesores" , from IP=111.111.111.111.
On the other hand, I would like to autheticate users who belongs to "alumnos", from IP=222.222.222.222.
And at last, the same, but with both groups, and from IP=333.333.333.333.

And in all the cases, the autheticated users could change their password.

I have looked the manual, but I only obtain that all the users( o nodoby) bind from a specific IP, but I don't know with groups of users.

Does anybody can help me??

man slapd.access

Check for dn.regex, groups and peername.ip

and

Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.