RE: Openldap upgrade/migration

Thanks Quanah.

I am thinking of installing RED HAT LINUX 7.3 on another computer and
install openldap 1.2.13.

If I have the above environment, can I copy /etc/openldap and
/usr/share/openldap date to this PC and export the database.

I can not go back to RH LINUX 6.2 as it can not be installed on any PC
hardware lower than Pentium 4. I don't have Pentium 2 or Pentium 3 PCs.
I believe RH LINUX versions 7.0 and above can be installed on Pentium 4
PC.

Assuming above env is right, after exporting data to LDIF format, how
can import LDIF to new version of Openldap (2.2 version) running on Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 4.

Regards,

Ravi

Ravi Rajasekharuni - Web and Data Admin
Unit 2, 12 Mars Road, Lane Cove, NSW 2066
Tel: +61 2 8987 5727    Fax: +61 2 8987 5720   Web: www.au.issworld.com