Re: Problem to replace directory entries with ldapmodify

Gessy skrev, on 17-10-2007 21:23:

I have tried replace entries on ldap directory with ldapmodify, my server is a gentoo linux running a OpenLDAP 2.3.35, but i realized a strange behavior.

When I try  replace a entry with follow LDIF:

# Test.ldif - test10
dn: uid=test10,ou=people,dc=ufmg,dc=br
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: eduPerson
objectClass: brEduPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: ufmgEduPerson
objectClass: SIPIdentity
eduPersonOrgDN: o=UFMG
eduPersonOrgUnitDN: ou=LCC
eduPersonAffiliation: employee
eduPersonPrimaryAffiliation: employee
cn: Test10
givenName: Test
sn: 10
mail: test10@ufmg.br <mailto:test10@ufmg.br>
gecos: CN=Test 10
uidNumber: 136617
gidNumber: 100
homeDirectory: /home/ufmg/test10
loginShell: /bin/bash
uid: test10

ldapmodify -x -D"cn=manager,dc=ufmg,dc=br" -W -f test.ldif

This is not an ldapmodify operation, it's an attempted ldapadd operation using the wrong utility with the wrong syntax.

Do 'man ldapmodify' and go to the bottom, there are examples there of how to use the correct syntax.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw