Re: push-mode syncrepl and structuralObjectClass

Alex Bramley wrote:
Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Alex Bramley skrev, on 17-10-2007 17:21:
After I added the correct updatedn setting, I got the error:

tag=103 err=53 text=shadow context; no update referral
This should never happen unless a client of your consumer is trying to
update the consumer's DB. Which it can't, since its server is a consumer
(slave). Therefore you have to have a mechanism that tells the consumer
where to go for updates, a referral mechanism. By configuring the
consumer for "chaining" this can be done (my site does it), but it's not
always immediately obvious from the docs how to get this working (took
me a long time, anyhow, trying different alternatives, whereof one - and
only one - finally worked). I'm totally dependent on chaining on one of
my 3 consumers.

I believe the replication proxy back-ldap database (for push-mode syncrepl) connects as a client to the consumer. It seems this triggers a requirement for an updateref, even when the proxy is binding as the updatedn to perform replication updates.

No. If the Bind with updateDN was successful this error will never appear.

--
  -- Howard Chu