Re: delta-syncrepl replica out of date

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:58 PM -0400 Francis Swasey
<Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

I have a master and nine delta-syncrepl replicas all running on RHEL 4
using OpenLDAP 2.3.38 on the master and all replicas.

The master is configured to purge entries from the accesslog after 12
hours (and checks every 2 hours).  I forget where I grabbed that from why
I used it.

Yeah, that seems a little short.. The shortest I've dropped a master to is 4 days. You may have discovered an undocumented feature :P

Not a feature. When the replica is out of date with the log it's supposed to get a reloadHint from the master and fallback to plain syncrepl against the main DB, all automatically. If that isn't happening, then there's a bug.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com