Re: Info on cn=Monitor items

Gavin Henry wrote:
Maykel Moya wrote:
Is there any available documentation explaining the meanings (what is
monitored) of every item under cn=Monitor.

See the Draft Admin Guide which is a work in progress:

http://www.openldap.org/devel/admin/monitoringslapd.html

In particular, I'm not sure about the exact meaning of:
* cn=Log,cn=Monitor
* cn=Bytes,cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor
  (sent Bytes since started?)
* cn=PDU,cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor
  (don't know what PDU means)

Protocol Data Unit. This is a standard term in networking, and should not need further explanation. If you're unfamiliar with it then you need to do more reading.

* cn=Entries,cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor
  (in my system it shows very high, maybe because of my cn=accesslog and
   cn=config contexts. It's planned to have Entries per context basis?)
* cn=Backload,cn=Threads,cn=Monitor
* cn=Runqueue,cn=Threads,cn=Monitor
  (monitoredInfo always have value (), what are possible values for
   this attribute)
* cn=Read,cn=Waiters,cn=Monitor
  (in my system it shows 15, did it mean that there was 15 threads
   waiting to query the DIT? if so, it's strange for me give that this
   system is only for testing with 2 o 3 clients and such a number of
   read waiters are very improbable)

Had the OL developers considered adding a description attribute to
*,cn=Monitor entries?

The design and contents of cn=monitor is still undergoing change. It's far too early to be worrying about making it user friendly. First we have to actually make it meet our (developer's) minimum needs.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com