Re: Question about attribute name

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the reply.

You are right I have not requested for OID. The reason is I am just
testing out few things right now and see if our application would work
as is with OpenLDAP.

I am using OpenLDAP v 2.3.36.

I did not get you when you say "Short names", it seems more like
description. I am having problem with NAME field of attributeType.

I have checked the  link you have sent, but really not able to make
much out of that, may be because I am new to OpenLDAP.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Rana Biswas