Re: Writing an ACL for Anonymous Searches

> I am new to ldap and ACL but I need to write an ACL that will prevent
> anonymous (cn=everyone?) users from viewing (read?) members of a certain
> group (e.g. cn=restricted_group,ou=groups,o=xxx) in their search/dump
> results. Any help or pointer to documentations is much appreciated. Thanks.

Grant write and/or read access to authenticated "users" and anonymous
users are implicitly denied access.

This is explained in the slapd-access man page.  Be sure to use a man
page appropriate to your version of OpenLDAP.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com