troubles with automatic chaining

Hello,

I'm trying to use slapo-chain to do automatic chaining on the slave..
I see the howto about this, I think my configuration is correct, but is doesn't work all times!!
I have a strange problem..It work correctly for some times, but if modify my configuration for otherthing, example to add ppolicy and restart the servers, it stop working
Even if I delete the last modification, I can't get it working again..
For some reasons that I ignore, the slave some time send the correct bind, for other time, it bind to the master anonymously!!
In this last case, I have error:

To password change : LDAP password information update failed: Proxy Authorization Failure
To do ldapmodify: ldap_modify: Strong(er) authentication required (8)

If I comment security parameter in the master, I doesn't change anything..

My setup:
- version 2.3.38
- 1 master
- 2 slaves as replicas using syncrepl and authenticate to the master by sasl external

In the master, I have added this entries:
dn: cn=referral1,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: referral1
ou: system
authzTo: dn.regex:^uid=[^,]*,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com$

dn: cn=referral2,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: referral2
ou: system
authzTo: dn.regex:^uid=[^,]*,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com$
--------------------
Master config:
------------------
moduleload       back_ldap.la
moduleload      ppolicy.la
moduleload      syncprov.la
moduleload      unique.la
moduleload      accesslog.la
moduleload      auditlog.la
moduleload     lastmod.la
##
TLSCertificateFile      /etc/ssl/openldap2.3/master.crt
TLSCertificateKeyFile   /etc/ssl/openldap2.3/private/master.key
TLSCACertificateFile    /etc/ssl/openldap2.3/CA.crt
TLSVerifyClient  allow
##
sasl-secprops none
# logging
loglevel 256
security ssf=1 update_ssf=112 simple_bind=64
##
authz-policy    to
authz-regexp   cn=slave1
      cn=referral1,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com
authz-regexp   cn=slave2
      cn=referral2,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com
####
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=admin,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw          toto

directory /usr/local/ldap
mode 0600
#
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100
##
lastmod on
cachesize 2000
checkpoint 256 5
#
index objectClass eq
index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial
index uidNumber,gidNumber,memberuid,member,uniqueMember eq
index uid eq,subinitial
index entryCSN,entryUUID eq
##
limits dn.onelevel="ou=system,dc=example,dc=com"
size=unlimited
time=unlimited
limits dn.regex="cn=slave1.example.com"
size=unlimited
time=unlimited

limits dn.regex="cn=slave1.example.com"
size=unlimited
time=unlimited

------------------------------
Slave1 Config
-----------------------------

moduleload back_ldap.la
moduleload accesslog.la
moduleload auditlog.la
moduleload unique.la
moduleload lastmod.la
#
TLSCertificateFile /etc/ssl/openldap2.3/slave1.crt
TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/openldap2.3/private/slave1.key
TLSCACertificateFile /etc/ssl/openldap2.3/CA.crt
TLSVerifyClient allow
sasl-secprops none
loglevel 256
security ssf=0 update_ssf=156 simple_bind=64
##chasing referrals
overlay chain
chain-uri ldap://master.example.com
chain-idassert-bind bindmethod=sasl
saslmech="EXTERNAL"
binddn="cn=bugworkaround"
mode="self"
starttls="critical"
min_ssf="163"
chain-tls start
chain-return-error TRUE
#chain-idassert-authzFrom "*"
#
database bdb
suffix "dc=example,dc=com"
##
rootdn "cn=admin,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw secret
directory /env/database/ldap
lastmod off
checkpoint 256 5
index objectClass eq
index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial
index uidNumber,gidNumber,memberuid,member,uniqueMember eq
index uid eq,subinitial
index entryCSN,entryUUID eq
#
limits dn.onelevel="ou=system,dc=example,dc=com"
size=unlimited
time=unlimited
#
syncrepl rid=23