Re: Advice on restoring database and keeping kerberos mappings to users in the database

If you have a complete/coherent slapcat output, and you stop slapd, remove your database and perform a slapadd using that output, without modifying your configuration (i.e. slapd.conf), you should end up with identical behavior with identical data...this is regardless of if your slapd instance serves as a KDC, a {KERBEROS} frontend, or anything else.

This assumes there's no bugs in slapadd, of course. In 2.2.13 that may not be a valid assumption, but you're likely to get away with it. I'd think that the biggest precondition is the "complete/coherent slapcat"...take a read through the LDIF first and manually sanity check it.