Re: cn=config example

Derek Yarnell wrote:
I have been running a LDAP with 2.3.x series for awhile now without the cn=config stuff and I have been looking to add this functionality into our running setup. So i have read the http://www.openldap.org/ doc/admin23/slapdconf2.html stuff and I am still a bit confused.

I obviously have to have some basic slapd.conf file, what does it have to contain? And after i write basically the ldif for my config for cn=config, you would just use slapadd to add it? Maybe i am missing something could some shed some light?

If you have an existing slapd.conf you can simply let slapd convert it to a cn=config database for you.

If you're writing a config LDIF from scratch, then yes, you slapadd it. There is no need for a slapd.conf file at all in this case. Just create the filesystem directory where the config database will live. E.g.:
mkdir /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d
slapadd -F /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d -n0 -l my_config.ldif

--
  -- Howard Chu