cn=config example

I have been running a LDAP with 2.3.x series for awhile now without the cn=config stuff and I have been looking to add this functionality into our running setup. So i have read the http://www.openldap.org/ doc/admin23/slapdconf2.html stuff and I am still a bit confused.

I obviously have to have some basic slapd.conf file, what does it have to contain? And after i write basically the ldif for my config for cn=config, you would just use slapadd to add it? Maybe i am missing something could some shed some light?

-----
Derek T. Yarnell
University of Maryland
Institute for Advanced Computer Studies