Re: LDAP error code 32

> Hello, I am trying to configure openldap on a mac pro dual quad core 3ghz
> xeon processor, 4gb ram, 500gb sata hd, Mac OS X 10.4.10 and ldap version
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_databases_openldap/work/openldap-
> 2.3.35/servers/slapd. I believe I have configured everything correctly so
> far but I am unable to connect to the server with ldapsearch for
> configuration as it gives an error code 32. Output when slapd is started:

Thanks for providing all of us a spare copy of the schema, both in
cleartext and in BER-encoded form, dumped in hex pairs, for a total of
1.6 MB.

The only relevant information in what you sent is:

> SRCH "dc=10.0.1.220,dc=com" 0 2    0 0 0

> => bdb_dn2id("dc=10.0.1.220,dc=com")
> <= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
> (-30989)

> database    bdb
> suffix        "dc=10.0.1.220,dc=com"
> rootdn        "cn=Manager,dc= 10.0.1.220,dc=com"

which means that the server is willing to serve requests for the
searchBase "dc=10.0.1.220,dc=com", but the database appears to be empty.
 Note that error 32 is explained in the FAQ, 2 clicks away from the
root: <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/343.html>

> any clues as to what's wrong? thanks!  :)

you're welcome!

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team