Re: configure OpenLDAP to allow directory users - change pass

On Sep 13, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Anne Moore wrote:

Hi All

Does anyone know how to configure OpenLDAP to allow directory users to change their own passwords?

I've using Openldap-2.2.13-7.4E (on my RedHat server)

As it is now, I have to change everyone's directory password for them and the security department isn't liking it.

What do ldappasswd(1) and/or ldapmodify(1) say when changing the directory user's password when run as the user (instead of you or the Directory Manager)?

Note: If the users are using some other software, you might have a problem with that software. But before raising an issue (on a list about the other software, not here) you should make sure things work using only OpenLDAP Software. So, even if your users aren't using these tools, you should test with them (as a user) before doing anything else.

-- Kurt