Re: Why invalid credentials - solved - new problem

Keryx Info skrev, on 13-09-2007 21:37:

[...]

*Next hurdle*

Should I not see it now with an "ldapsearch -x"?

Also, I have added "loglevel any" to slapd.conf. What logfile should I check? /var/log/messages was my guess.

Output below.

Is this a problem or can I proceed? and if so, is this a good tutorial:
http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_openldap_setup_server_client

Lars Gunther

PS Output of ldapsearch:

# extended LDIF # # LDAPv3 # base <> with scope subtree # filter: (objectclass=*) # requesting: ALL #

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

Probably because you still have the same, incorrect, search base in ldap.conf and haven't given a new search base in your ldapsearch command. "result: 32 No such object" is a dead giveaway.

/etc/ldap.conf:

HOST lb.labbnet.ne.keryx.se
BASE dc=lb,dc=labbnet,dc=ne,dc=keryx.se

Also, take a look at section 5.3.5. Access Control Examples in the admin guide; that's going to be your next hurdle.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl