Re: dn aliases?

Ron Parker wrote:
> Sorry to be a bother, but can't get
> a grip on what these errors might be.
>    <= entry_decode: str2ad(n): AttributeDescription contains
> inappropriate characters
>    <= entry_decode: slap_str2undef_ad(n): AttributeDescription contains
> inappropriate characters

This error is odd.  It seems that there's a parsing error in parsing
that DN RDN's first AVA attribute, which should be "cn" but gets parsed
as just "n".  Since that function is (almost) trivial, and it worked and
works as expected, I suspect the parsing is related to some database
corruption.  Something like slapd is running with a version of Berkeley
DB that is not the one it was built with, or something odd like that.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.