Re: alock package is unstable

--On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:26 PM +0200 Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

Hi,
OpenLDAP-2.4.5beta
SuSE-10.2
db-4.4.20
glibc-2.5.25

trying to run slapd an error occurs

backend_startup_one: starting "o=avci,c=de"
bdb_db_open: o=avci,c=de
bdb_db_open: alock package is unstable
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed!(-1)
slapd shutdown: initiated

Now, what would be a stable alock package?

I've generally hit this when something's occurred that alock can't recover from. Usually removing the alock file and running db_recover will allow slapd to start. You could relocate the alock file rather than removing it, and provide it back via an ITS for analysis, I hear. This may allow the underlying problem to get fixed.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer