Re: Startup time

On Monday 10 September 2007 23:36:30 Sumith Narayanan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a openldap 2.3.27 database with 42 GB of total data size . The
> server is running with 32 bit processor

Bad idea. How much ram does it have?

> and it crashes once in 2-3
> days..

Maybe you should try and find out why, rather than using sticky tape ...

> As a work around for now , we are restarting the slapd process
> using cron job. But the restart takes 45 min to 1 hour time and
> sometimes more than that. Is there any way to bring up the server fast
> ?

Depends on your configuration, of which you have not supplied *any* details.

> It is taking time to cache data before it start ?

No, most likely, you haven't configured a checkpoint on the database, and so
database recovery is taking a long time.

For more assistance, provide all the configuration options that relate to the
database backend you are using, and any tuning you have done for the library
(DB_CONFIG file, or dbconfig directives in slapd.conf).

Regards,
Buchan