Re: Automatic referral chasing

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Taymour A. El Erian skrev, on 05-09-2007 08:13:

[...]

The test scripts are not running on my machine as they fail in the middle, so am unable to actually find the configuration. I tried using the configuration which has chain in its name but it does not work.

Then for some reason your build has failed and you have a useless installation. Until you can get a build whereby all tests pass, you might as well give up.

[...]

The docs of openldap are really not clear

Yep, many have pointed this out in the past, and the docs *have* been vastly improved - but even after several years' of OL sysadminning I still have problems in interpreting them. In many cases, if it hadn't been for this list I'd still be completely at sea.

And did you not take a note of missing.lackign information and inform us of what you like to see?

You can download 2.4.5 beta as of today and see the new docs for
yourself (they are still wip).

As always, this is a community effort, so please reply with a list of
"I'd love to see in the docs"

There's nothing I hate more than people using community developed
software, complaining and not contributing.

Gavin.

-- Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.