Re: Multiple Schema

Suhel Momin wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to have multiple DIT's.
These DIT's may use different customised Schema.
Now my problem is to store these schema such that DIT's will use their

respective schema definition. This is because the attributetype or objectclass in these different schemas might overlap. Hence I want to keep them seperate and use them for a particular DIT. Is this possible?

Not in the current versions.

Or, If I have to make changes in the existing openldap code how should I go about it? I have observed that attributetype, objectclass etc are stored in AVL. do I need to maintain different AVL for my schemas to work?

Use multiple slapd instances. Use proxies and subordinate to glue them together if necessary.

Any help regarding how I should proceed is appreciated.

If I am on wrong mailing list please redirect me.

Thanks and Regards,
Suhel

--
  -- Howard Chu