Re: slapd crash with KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

--On Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:25 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Taking it upon yourself to migrate experimental code from CVS HEAD into a
production service is risky to begin with, and places you under even
greater responsibility. There's a reason we differentiate between the
release branch and the development branch. Deploying into a test
environment is one thing... You have to stay on top of the CVS commits in
case subsequent patches affect the code you're using. (As in this case,
where the exact same bug you encountered was fixed in HEAD.)

Yep, definitely my bad. When I first got the problem report, there weren't a lot of details, so I didn't quite realize that this was a new issue on a different build than the previous ones.

--Quaah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer