Re: Provide slapd Aborts on failed assertion

Paul Turgyan wrote:
I have a consumer slapd in refreshandpersist mode and a provider slapd
that aborts on the first search operation issued by the consumer.
I've tracked it down to the cachesize option. If I set the cachesize option to
any value, the provider fails an assertion in pthread_mutex_lock.

Sounds much the same as ITS#4848. No software fix for this is planned in OpenLDAP 2.3. Just rewrite your slapd.conf with the statements in the proper order.

I am running:
linux 2.6.18.3
glibc-2.3.6
OpenLDAP-2.3.35
BerkeleyDB.4.2 w/ patches

Here is my provider config file:
#
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/local.schema
#
access to dn.base=""
        by * read

# default settings
defaultsearchbase       "dc=umich,dc=edu"
allow           bind_v2 bind_anon_cred bind_anon_dn
#
# file locations
pidfile         /home/pturgyan/openldap-2.3/slapd.prov.pid
argsfile        /home/pturgyan/openldap-2.3/slapd.prov.args
#
threads         32
#
# database settings
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=umich,dc=edu"
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=umich,dc=edu"
rootpw          BD=fast

overlay         syncprov
#syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
#syncprov-sessionlog 100

directory       /var/slapd/tmp/db/db.save
cachesize       1000
idlcachesize    25000
checkpoint      1024 5
lastmod         on
#
include         /home/pturgyan/openldap-2.3/slapd.index

-- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/