Re: regarding database config

Arunachalam Parthasarathy wrote:

Hello all,

Can we have users other than rootDN (specified in database config rootDN cn=config) to use the accessing database config?

Means can I configure an inetOrgPerson [stored in database bdb] to bind and use cn=config tree?

Now I am able to configure the rootDN as cn=config and search / modify the configuration entries

Please let me know how can I do this?

In OpenLDAP 2.3 you can set whatever identity as the rootdn of the config database, including the DN of an entry that is defined in another database. However, only the rootdn of the config database, whatever its identity is, can access the config database itself.

In OpnLDAP 2.4, the config database is accessible by regular users based on ACLs.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.