Re: libnss-ldap and slapd

Frank Cornelissen <frankc@t310.org> writes:

> After some debugging, this seems to be caused by the fact that on this
> machine libnss-ldap is enabled. This library will be loaded and will set
> some libldap options which seem to be global and thus interfering with
> the options from slapd. Anybody got an idea how to solve this, apart
> from setting up a seperate machine for openldap|?

Make sure that you run slapd as root, or at least as a user that isn't
managed through nss-ldap.  That helps some.

Help the OpenLDAP developers in whatever way possible towards getting a
2.4 release out so that Debian can get rid of the incredibly broken dual
library setup that we have right now for licensing reasons which is
causing tons of problems like this and upgrade everything to 2.4 across
the board.  :/