Schema difficulties-Openldap 2.0.27 -> 2.3.34

Hi all,

I'm attempting to migrate an openldap implementation from a 2.0.27 server running the Red Hat Enterprise 3 rpm to a new box running the 2.3.34 Fedora 7 rpm. I'm a bit of an LDAP noob, but I've managed to account for most of the difficulties, but still have one I can't seem to get around:

There are a handful of users in the old database that have errors being migrated via ldif. These users are erroring out in their uidNumber field. These users have uidNumbers beginning with leading zeros, for example, "0001111114". I'm assuming that's a syntax no-no. I believe uidNumber is one of the fields hardcoded into Openldap now (I don't see non-commented definitions for it in any of the schema files I have). Is there a way to doctor the syntax for this field short of editing and compiling via source? It is apparently important that the leading zeros be there, else I would just take them out.

Thanks,

Scott Lacy
Mercer University