Re: successful ldapsearch -- need to turn it into a working slapd configuration for an LDAP proxy

On 8/23/07, Pierangelo Masarati <> wrote:
> DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
>

> > I have added
> > moduleload        back_ldap
> > along with those I already had
> > moduleload        back_bdb
> > moduleload        back_meta
> >
> > and made your other suggested changes.
> >
> > I get an error trying to start the slapd daemon.
> >
> > line 82 (idassert-bind ***)
> > slapd: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ldap/back_meta-2.3.so.0:
> > undefined symbol: slap_idassert_parse_cf
>
> No clue: that symbol is also in back_ldap.la.  I suggest you build
> OpenLDAP yourself, the package you're using might be broken.
>
> p.
>

> Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
> OpenLDAP Core Team
>
> SysNet s.r.l.
> via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
> http://www.sys-net.it
> ---------------------------------------
> Office:  +39 02 23998309
> Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
> Email:   pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it

I rolled my own OpenLDAP using the 2.3.38 source making sure to
include meta and ldap backends.

It comes all the way up and doesn't crash when I run a query.
However, it does give me these.

00000000: LdapErr:  DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this
operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data
0, vece

conn=0 op=4 meta_back_search[0] match="" err=1 (Operations error).

ldap_read: want=8 error=Resource temporarily unavailable