Re: successful ldapsearch -- need to turn it into a working slapd configuration for an LDAP proxy

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:

I have added moduleload back_ldap along with those I already had moduleload back_bdb moduleload back_meta

and made your other suggested changes.

I get an error trying to start the slapd daemon.

line 82 (idassert-bind ***)
slapd: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ldap/back_meta-2.3.so.0:
undefined symbol: slap_idassert_parse_cf

No clue: that symbol is also in back_ldap.la. I suggest you build OpenLDAP yourself, the package you're using might be broken.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309