Re: Deleting subtree - server side

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>> Then please remove it from rootDSE. It does not make sense at all to be
>> advertised in 'supportedControl'.
>
> It's hidden, in fact.  You're not supposed to treat HEAD as released code,
> and you won't see it advertised in re24 (until it works, at least).

But it's not hidden behind LDAP_DEVEL.

> In any case, there's nothing wrong in advertising support for a control
> and returning unwillingToPerform or unavailableCriticalExtension: in both
> cases it's correct.  It means that the DSA recognizes the control but
> either does not want, or cannot apply it in the case requested by the
> client.  It's LDAPv3 anyway.

I expected this answer. But it makes life of a client developer even
more miserable than it already is. See, I'd like to implement support
for draft-armijo-ldap-treedelete in web2ldap. And off course I'd like to
provide an appropriate UI. Hence I have to somewhat trust what's there
in rootDSE in attributes supported* (except things like StartTLS ext.
op. off course).

Ciao, Michael.