Re: Maximum size of the database.

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions :

I will look forward to upgrade the systems to 64 bit processors and
increase the memory to 16 GB, since it will take time , I am doing
some more tweaking to see whether it will help.

I reduced the set_cachesize in the DB_CONFIG by 10 times and also in
the slapd.conf file. Restarted the process and it was consuming less
memory now. But the master from whether the updates flow to slave is
still slowing using up the memory and crashing , but the slave seems
to be stable with a usage of around 200 MB of memory. I don't think I
will be able to avoid that with the current situation.

I have few questions now :

-  Any idea on how big the openldap DB can be ?
- I see some DB transaction files in the db directory , which are of
same size and more than one is created in a day :

-rw-------      1 ldapp  ldapp    20485760 Aug 13 21:40 log.0000001070
-rw-------      1 ldapp  ldapp    20485760 Aug 14 05:52 log.0000001071
-rw-------      1 ldapp  ldapp    20485760 Aug 14 16:08 log.0000001072
-rw-------      1 ldapp  ldapp    20485760 Aug 14 23:06 log.0000001073

I took a backup of a lot of this inorder for the slapd process to
start faster. It keeps on getting accumulated. I guess these are DB
transaction log files. Is it supposed to get deleted automatically ?
Why is it accumulating ?

Thanks, Sumith.