Re: High availability

On Tuesday 14 August 2007 08:42:38 Taymour A. El Erian wrote:
> Buchan Milne wrote:
> > Or any clustering system using shared storage. For example, I have a
> > cluster running RHEL3 with Red Hat Cluster Suite on (shared)
> > Fibre-attached storage.
> >
> > In the end, there isn't that much that is specific to OpenLDAP (e.g. most
> > clustering solutions provide support for MySQL, the only difference is
> > which init script the clustering middleware uses to start/stop the
> > service).
>
> Have you tried RH cluster suite with OpenLDAP, I couldn't find any
> documentation for that.

I haven't "tried" it, I currently run it in production on one cluster on RHEL3
(and previously have done so on RHEL 2.1 AS).

The documentation for RHCS covers sufficiently the requirements for running
any service under RHCS (unfortunately the init script in the RH openldap
packages doesn't use the right exit codes for best operation with RHCS ...
and that was one of the original reasons I built my own packages - see
http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/ ).

If you have *specific* questions, please ask, but this isn't the right forum
to discuss the use of clustering middleware.

Regards,
Buchan