Re: Problem changing passwords after import

Rick Tautin wrote:
> That is where all the usernames and passwords are is in openldap, and
> I am trying to use the ldappasswd command to change it.  If when I
> complied openldap if enable-crypt was disabled would I even be able
> to login to other servers that are authenticating back to openldap?

How can you tell the other services bind to OpenLDAP if even ldapwhoami
can't?  I guess binding to OpenLDAP fails, and services fall back to
file based data.  Please carefully check the logs of your server before
proceeding any further.  It seems clear, from the little info you
posted, that basic authentication (LDAP simple bind) is not working with
the credentials you stored in your directory.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.