Re: regarding data backup

Arunachalam Parthasarathy a écrit :
Hello all,

hi

I am using openldap 2.3.36.

good choice :-)

Is it better to use slapcat to backup the data and use it during recovery (after disk partition crash) using slapadd ?

For me, I do a full ldapsearch which provide nice ldif file to use with ldapadd

just at the end of the file, there is 2 lines with the number of result which provide errors with ldapadd. You can just remove these lines.

Or backup the transaction log files of BDB , so that recovery will be done using openldap’s automatic recovery functionality or dbrecover utility of bdb ?

I've never use that way of recovery

Please correct me if I am wrong in the process of data maintenance.

Thanks in advance,

No problem

Arunachalam.

Guillaume