Re: using slapo-pcache with an empty attr list

I'm doing a bit of playing with slapo-pcache and have it working
fairly well (particularly once I realised that an individual attr can
live in only one proxyattrset).

Hm, I don't think that is correct. AFAIK it is possible to have an attribute present in multiple proxyattrsets.

Hmmm, I may do a bit more checking on this, as I had some proxy templates which were working and some which weren't - for no reason that I could make out.

Then I came across this...

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/200610/msg00090.html

.... which claims, in slapd.conf comments, that "Only one proxyattrset
definition may appear for any cache set".

I don't know whether this is accurate, but working on this assumption
and combining proxyattrsets accordingly, all my templates now seem to
work.

However, there's one bit that I can't get working - is there any way
to define a template that will match a search which doesn't provide an
attr list?

No. That is not possible.

Ah, OK, unfortunate. Thanks.

<snip>